Located in the Heart of Western Oklahoma...
Post Anesthesia Recovery Unit
- This area will be used to take care of you immediately after surgery.
- There are bright lights and much activity.
- Your nurse will look at your surgical area and check your body systems.
- Remember, it is expected that you will have some pain after surgery.
- Your nurse will ask you to rate your pain from 0 (no pain) to 10 (severe pain). Medication will be given as ordered by your doctor.
- Verbal and written after-surgery instructions will be given to you and the person taking you home.
- With all types of anesthesia, you may be a little sleepy at discharge. Go directly home and get rest in your own comfortable surroundings. Since you may be a little unsteady, you will still need assistance when you get up.