Surgery times are APPROXIMATE and may be earlier or later depending on the entire surgery schedule. Your designated arrival time is based on this issue.
- Take blood pressure, heart or seizure medication with a small sip of water as directed.
- Wear loose fitting clothing or pajamas.
- May use deodorant – No perfumes or lotions – Minimal or No makeup – No dark nail polish.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. Leave cell phones or pagers at home or with other family members. The hospital is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Consider bringing some method of payment should you need a prescription filled.
- Make arrangements for an adult to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
***FAILURE TO HAVE A DRIVER OR RESPONSIBLE ADULT TO STAY WITH YOU AFTER SURGERY WILL RESULT IN RESCHEDULING OF YOUR SURGERY.***
- Bring the following items (if needed):
- Glasses/ contact lenses, dentures, hearing aids with the cases.
- Completed HEALTH HISTORY.
- Insurance card, paperwork from surgeon’s office, test results