Located in the Heart of Western Oklahoma...
- A nurse will explain the process to you and ask you various questions on your health and preparation for the procedure.
- You will be asked to sign consent forms.
- You will be asked to change into a surgical gown.
- An Anesthesia Provider will talk to you before your surgery.
- A staff nurse will initiate an “IV” (intravenous line). This is a small catheter that is placed in a vein so that fluids and medication can be given during your procedure.
- Your surgeon may visit you at this time. If you need to speak with him/her, please let the nurse know.
- You will be moved to the operating room on a stretcher, hammock-like device, or wheelchair. In some cases you will be allowed to walk into the Operating room.